Today is also St. Valentine's Day. To others in the world it is a day to talk of love. Good love and being it or bad love and not being in it. Hopeful love and wishing on a star for it or lasting love and not knowing what life would be without it. Ahh, love ... the good, the bad and the ugly!
In her book Sonnets from the Portuguese, Elizabeth Barrett Browning wrote a poem about the number of ways she loved her husband. Not being a poet I don't think I could improve much on her list. However, I think I should try to tell my sweetie how much I love him, so here goes ...
1. The ying to my yang; the bow to my wow - he completes me.
2. The SPF in my sun tan lotion; the floride in my toothpaste - he protects me.
3. The powerball number on my lottery ticket - he is not afraid to take a risk when it comes to love.
4. The fortune in my cookie - he is full of surprises.
5. The ice in my tea; the cream in my coffee - he cools me off.
6. The sour cream and chives on my baked potato; the marshmallows in my cocoa - he enriches me.
7. The bubbles in my bath - he keeps me relaxed.
8. The pepperoni and sausage on my pizza - he adds spice to my life
9. The cotton batting in my quilt - he comforts me.
10. The tylenol in my medicine cabinet - he takes away my pain.
11. The see to my saw - he keeps me balanced.
12. The rose in my garden - he adds color to my world.
13. The tide coming in and the tide going out - he is faithful.
14. The clown in my circus - he makes me laugh.
15. The sun coming up in the East and the setting in the West - I can count on him.
16. The lyrics to my song - he makes me want to sing.
17. The amen to my prayer.
In other words, "I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life ..." *
Wishing you all the same kind of love,
* Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "How Do I Love Thee"