A Rose is a Rose

I discovered another stash of my father's slide boxes last week. They were mostly empty because he'd moved the majority of the pictures to slide carousels. A lot of what I found were duplicates. However, I happened upon this yellow rose, and was taken not only by its beauty but by the finger painting in the background. There's no way of knowing who the artist is. Still I like the overall affect.



Then yesterday I opened up the Shutterfly album Johnson sent me with 230 of his favorite flower pictures. I must say, that boy has an eye for beauty and a way with the camera. As I neared the end, #182 to be exact, I had to catch my breath. Check this out.


Different background, undoubtedly different rose, but look at the similarity. Is there a photography gene? Does it skip generations? I love the synergism of the two photos. They each stand alone, but placed side by side they say more than "Yellow Rose" to me. They say mystery. They say magic. They say "go figure." They say grandfather/grandson connection which under the circumstances is pretty amazing. I can't wait to put them in a frame side by side.

Wishing for you beauty that takes your breath away,
Merry ME

Comments

paradox said…
I'm not a flower person...I don't know why...BUT I loooovvveee these two pictures. I'm feeling them. Thanks for posting them. Love the generational connection too.
AkasaWolfSong said…
Your Father will live on in many, many ways Mary, won't he?

Breathtaking Photo's Both and the similarities are uncanny!

Blessings and Peace Abundant!

Muah!
Unknown said…
Wow, There is a real similarity! It really looks like the same flower. John
Pamela Jones said…
Gorgeous roses!!! And the fingerpainting is great! How little we appreciate those works of art! It really looks like stylized foliage!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review