More on Lightt

 I saw on FB today that Wholly Jeanne and her mother were in a Christmas store. While her mom looked at decorations, Jeanne danced to Christmas songs.
Hmmm, I thought to myself, maybe I'm not rushing the season after all.
I'm embarrassed to admit I've committed what some true blue (or green as the case may be) Grinches might consider a Christmas sin.
I've been listening to Christmas music, before Thanksgiving or Black Friday when the Christmas hype is ramped up over night.
Well, technically Christmas stuff has been up in the stores since Halloween, July if you count Joann Fabric, but I'm still way ahead of my normal Christmas music calendar.
I know, you're thinking "what's up with that?"
Christmas is the time of year that turns Merry ME decidedly un-merry.

Sometimes you get a tune in your head and can't stop hearing it. I've got a whole CD in my head. It all started when I was browsing Amazon for some kid's music. Not sure how I made the the jump, but I found myself on a page with all kinds of Mary Chapin Carpenter cds.  The Mary Chapin Carpenter I used to sing along to, with the volume turned up high.
Passionate Kisses.
He Thinks He'll Keep Her.
I'll Take My Chances.
Sometimes You're the Windshield, Sometimes You're the Bug.
Whatever happened to this woman who wrote the soundtrack to my post divorce life.

Apparently she's hidden away writing Christmas songs.  Not the typical carols, that every other music star has recorded. The only recognizable songs on this cd (Come Darkness Come Light) are church songs. I had no intention of getting hooked on the songs before Christmas. It was blatant impulse buying. But the first time I listened, I knew I'd have to hear the songs again. And again. And again.

Maybe this is why the Light theme is still on my mind.

From twinkling lights,
to a bright star in the night sky,
From candles
to sparkling snow,
From tinseled trees
to the wonder in a child's eyes,
From the darkness of a world gone mad,
to the hope that is reborn every year,
Christmas is light.

Yeh, I might be early. But it's worth singing about, don't you think?

Be the light you want to see in the world,
Merry ME

Comments

I am constantly in awe of the graceful way you meld humor with seriousness, something that's seemingly "shallow" (Christmas paraphernalia in the stores earlier and earlier) with something that's obviously deep (dark and light). I just love the way you think . . . and write . . . and sing.

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review