Letters

June 4,


"Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."

June 4
Dear Mohammad Ali,

I never knew you. I've never been a fan of watching people beat each other up. But today, when I heard the news that you'd passed away, I felt an unexpected sadness. There is a hole in the world, where greatness once reigned. The "rumble" you inspired with hard work and a sense of humor has been silenced. You were a champion in and out of the boxing ring. You were a hero, in the old-fashioned sense of the word. Who will fill your shoes?


I'm trying to imagine what heaven must be like today. Are you showing the angels a few of your dance moves? Are you reciting poetry to St. Peter. Are you showing your pretty face to the One who created it? Are you sitting next to Prince resting in the glow of perfect peace?

Thank you for sharing your life with us.
m

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review