Chapter 4 - It's coming together

What a difference a day makes. Okay, so it was more like five days. Five of the hottest days of the season; yet luckily a week with no afternoon thundershowers. While I have no doubt that my very own "Home Improvement" tool men, BJ, Mark and Zack, could have weathered the rain, I suspect it would not have been good for the treasure trove of a tool trailer wet.

Brad, the kitchen Tune-up contractor, was right on with his estimates ... number of days it would take to order all the parts; number of days it would take to do the work; number drawer pulls and knobs. His only teeny tiny discrepancy was the fact that the old cabinets were built in place so when the boys started pulling them off the wall, they sort of crumbled. Oops! This was not a problem for BJ, Super Carpenter. It did, however, become a bit of a problem for Dad's wallet. But what we got for a couple hundred dollars is two cabinets that rival any work of art. I'm talking awesome!

So now that the carpenters are off to renovate kitchens in other parts of the city, I'm back to sanding and priming and painting. I've gotta ask, will it ever be done? Then I answer myself with an enthusiastic, "look how far we've come" and pull out my trusty paint brush.

I came across this quote by Greg Anderson, founder of the American Wellness Project: "Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but it doing it." Much as I hate to admit it, I think Anderson might have a point. I'm not sure what the Wellness Project is all about. But if I had to guess, I'd say the author was most likely up to his elbows in Kilz and was trying out positive affirmations that would motivate him to finish what he'd started. And to quote Oprah one thing "I know for sure" is that there is joy to be found in seeing one's new kitchen take shape right before her eyes.

Gotta get back to work,
Merry Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review