My 2012 Lists


"For last year’s words belong to last year’s language 
and next year’s words await another voice." 
 T.S. Eliot


It's that time of year again, when I make a list of things that really moved me. It's Wendy's idea actually, but a good one. I'm not above stealing a good idea. I'm ready to close the door on 2012 and anxious to see what awaits me in 2013. I'm not much into make resolutions I won't keep. This time last year I chose "focus" as my word for the year. As the year draws to a close my life has definitely come into a sharper focus. What that means exactly is still up for interpretation. I haven't picked next year's word. I'm getting close, though. I keep coming back to "committed." I have to spend some more time with that and see where it leads me.  

The trouble with making lists from memory is that one is sure to leave something out. As I read down this list, however, I can say it is a good representation of a good year. I left out the "things that made me cry like a baby" on purpose. I just didn't want to go there.  

What about you? What made you say "ahh" this year? 

Things that made me say “Yikes!” 
  • My neighbor’s 100 year old oak laying across our driveway
  • Getting lost in Seattle
  • Seeing a picture of Johnson swinging from a really tall crane


Things that made me say "Ahhhh...."
  • Hearing Meditation from Thais played on the violin by Joshua Bell
  • Baby Grace being welcomed into the church wearing the family’s antique Christening gown.
  • Rocking Gracie to sleep while listening to Linda Rondstat lullabies
  • Robert’s 16th birthday
  • Happy Birthday video made by family and friends
  • Hearing people laugh at my story
  • Watching Suzi do physical therapy
  • Georges and Maha’s wedding
  • Saying goodbye on the top of Buck Bald
  • Going off the beaten path in Tennesee
  • Suzi riding in the back seat
  • Meeting Maurice Hall and feeling Divine intervention
  • Sunflower fields
  • Seeing Amy surf
  • Swimming with Gracie
  • Maizey digging holes and jumping in the pool
  • Making quilts again ... fabric, fabric, fabric
  • Wholly Jeanne’s conversion of Nancy’s drawings onto cloth
  • Skipping bride and groom
  • Crows made by Sorrow
  • Button hearts
  • Hugging Jay and Zori again
  • Linda’s lavender and roses
  • Shutterfly photo books
  • “It’s Our Mission. Period” flannel squares by the dozen
  • Pumpkin Banana Bread
  • Empty bowls
  • Tim’s recollection of the Chat Noir writers’ retreat
  • Photo of cousins on the stairs
  • Making gravy with Abby
  • Sweetie finding something after I’d torn the whole house apart looking for it
  • The first smell of Christmas trees
  • John’s Christmas lights in the front yard
  • Finishing two1000+ page books
  • Phone dates with my big sister
  • Being a Chica Peep guest blogger
  • Carrabba's Pork Chop Marsala
  • Wreaths at Jax National Cemetery
  • Seeing Sweetie in a plaid shirt
  • Blog friends
  • Chat Noir friends
Things that made me say “Thank You, God.”
  • Doctors fixing 8-day old Lucy’s heart
  • Seeing Ashley as a mom
  • Wendy’s friends
  • Having Hurricane Sandy blow through after we cut down the rotten oaks - not before
  • Reid Addison Powell 
  • MG's recovery from cancer
  • Kellie's pregnancy
  • The feeling of doing my heart’s work
  • Sweetie’s patience
  • Meeting Kurt and seeing Wendy’s smile
  • My big sister filling in for me at Wendy’s wedding
  • Laughing or crying with my Sweetie

Merry ME

Comments

Anonymous said…
My list is a Giant journal, that I keep every day and fill with just the things I am grateful for..
~smile~
and you my dear are in it so many times!
XXX

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review