Abundance



You simply will not be the same person 
two months from now after consciously giving thanks 
each day for the abundance that exists in your life. 
And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: 
the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.
Sarah Ban Breathnach
Simple Abundance


It wasn't that long ago that I was bemoaning the fact that I had too much time on my hands. I needed some routine and structure in my life or I would slowly turn into a giant slug. (Okay, maybe I never voiced the part about the slug, but my body was giving me the high sign to get off the couch and get moving, as in work, not exercise. I don't pay that much attention to my body!)

After reading an email that touched my heart this morning, I began to feel overwhelmed with all the things I have on my plate. Not the kind of things I want to ignore, like dusting and weeding. Things That make me feel all atwitter inside. Things that make me weep tears of joy for me and tears of sadness for others.  

I did not "consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance in my life," but Sweetie did. Every night before dinner, he says this grace over our often blah repast." 
Well, thanks God for our many blessings. Be with us in all we do. Guide us in all we undertake. 
I'm happy to say God responded to the "us" in that prayer and has covered me in abundance.

  I've got stories to write. Bears to make. Babies to care for.  I couldn't ask for more. And it took a full eight minutes of rejoicing in my abundance before the the doubts about my capability to do it all set in. In typical Merry Me fashion, I'm about to freak out with all I have to do. Believe it or not, this is improvement. 

Before I get all caught up in the can'ts I'm going to say TTFN (ta ta for now) and get to sewing.

May you be blessed in abundance,
Merry Me

Comments

Jody said…
I am glad you have abundance in your life because i KNOW you, M - you have the heart to do it all, little by little. It doesn't need to be done all at once:)

xoxo,
many blessings sent your way!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review