Quilts P.S.



This ad just appeared in my email Inbox.
See how the universe conspires to get me in trouble.
Johnson is probably sitting upstairs right now, rubbing his hands together and sending mind-bending quilt waves in my direction.
I must be strong.
I must resist.

It's not that I don't want to make my son a quilt. It's that I when I walk into this particular fabric store, I find it impossible to stop at one quilt. I must run my hand over every bolt of 100% cotton in the quilting department. And, there's no telling what might end up in my cart (the day they put shopping carts in fabric stores was a bad, bad day for people like me) if I walk by the Christmas fabrics which happen to be not 30, not 40 but 50%off. It makes no difference that I don't need Christmas fabric, or have a place to store Christmas fabric. Buying reds and greens and Santas and reindeer and holly fabric in July is the first of many holiday traditions.

Ah, saved by the sound of Dad's Jazzy rolling down the hall. I must get dressed and attend to his needs. I can't be thinking of fabric sales and cleaning his potty at the same time.

ME



Comments

Pamela Jones said…
You know, whoever dies with the most fabric wins....right?
Unknown said…
Mary, I didn't know you make quilts. I love them. They're beautiful.
Sophie's in my prayers. God bless the little angel.

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review