Fresh Air

Yikes! It's almost 11am and I'm still barely moving. I don't seem to be able to bounce back from the jogs across the hall in the early hours. Oh well, here I am without much time on my hands because I look around and see that I've got a lot of pickin' up to do.

Anyway, here's what I wanted to say. Yesterday I surreptitiously opened my bathroom window a crack. With the blinds down, a certain someone who has a nose for A/C abuse, couldn't see or feel the fresh air coming in. Just walking into that one small room I could tell the difference between canned air and fresh.

So I've thrown caution to the wind. I turned off the A/C completely and opened up windows all over the house. I am sitting on the couch listening to outside sounds. A few birds singing, an airplane flying overhead. The inside canary has finally stopped molting and is adding his song to the others.

On more than one occasion my father has said that windows should be nailed shut. That fresh air is not at all what it's cracked up to be. Well, I'm here to say, this morning, it's everything you could imagine of freshness and more. I do believe it borders on bliss.

Wishing for you the gifts of Fall - cool, crisp air, sunshine, and colored leaves that crunch beneath your feet. May your senses delight in the change of seasons.
Merry ME

Comments

Molly said…
Amen, sister!

this is the first time i've had to leave a comment and it's likely that the internet police will cite me for frivolous internet use while at work. i'm living dangerously as you can see.

i'm working on an update for you and Sorrow to explain my off-the-grid-ness.

Here's to fall!!!
YaHoooo! Open windows!

Fall is breezing in on this side of the Continent, too, and I am loving it, this being a tender, sometimes worn-out time of year.

Your pumpkins are gorgeous.

My mother (who would be about your dad's age) said practically the same thing he did about open windows and fresh air. Funny. Perhaps a generational thing? I have many windows open throughout the house & my office, love to feel a breeze slip into a room.

Of course, one of my Mother's more famous quotes, "I hate birds." Have to say, I never figured that one out.

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review