Dreaming - Part II


"We never know how far reaching something
we may think, say or do today
will affect the lives of millions tomorrow."
B.J. Palmer

Don't you just love it when the planets align and all your planning comes to a successful end? Today, with the help of lots of great people, the 3rd annual baby shower went down in history as the biggest and best yet. Maybe I should be patting myself on the back but, really, all I feel is extremely grateful. Okay, throw in some pride for a job well done, but mostly awe for how well a plan can come together when everyone is working for the common good.

One of my favorite Christmas stories is a children's book, The Last Straw by Fredrick Thury. It's about an old, crotchety camel who is asked to join the Magi's caravan. Along the road people load him down with precious gifts for the baby king. By the time he makes it to Bethlehem, the old camel's back is ready to break. His knees buckle just as a child lays a piece of straw on the top of the pile. When he looks up he is nose to nose with the baby whose smile seems to take away all his pain.

I love this book. I read it every year. I asked Sweetie if he could turn the story into a skit for baby shower entertainment. He told me he would, then proceeded to do nothing. I tried to act like I wasn't concerned. After all, our relationship is based on trust isn't it? The more I nonchalantly questioned his progress, the more Sweetie retreated. Or so it looked to me.

I learned today I had no reason to fear. Sweetie pulled it off. While I'm pretty sure that the camel costume coming from my sister's church in Washington state was divine intervention, Sweetie and his cohorts did everything else. It was awesome!

Like a little kid who got everything she asked for from Santa, I'm going to bed at the end of this long day feeling happy. My heart is full. There's still work to do - lots of packing and shipping. But for tonight, all's well that ends well.

Here's hoping you'll dream big. And that all those dreams come true.
Merry ME

Comments

Sorrow said…
I love a happy ending,
but I adore a happy beginning even more..
wow
just wow...
what a way to start the year....
terri st. cloud said…
jumpin' up and down and clapping!!!
this is so darn awesome cool and fun!
yay for all you guys!!!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review