Crying (can you hear Roy Orbison in the background?)

"Tears are the safety valve of the heart when too much pressure is laid on it."
Albert Smith

I've jest read my daily blogs. I have tears running down my face. In each post I read something that touched me deep inside. And let's face it, I'm just in the mood to boo hoo. Lot's of emotion going on in my world this week. Yesterday I stood in the shower, hot water running down my back, and told my inner ME that I'd take care of her. I told her again on the way to the airport. Then I think I got lost in the busy-ness of company. A two-year old visitor has really sparked some excitement in "this old house"!


Sweetie wondered if all 2 year olds are like that. Like what I asked? A ball of energy that can't talk! Yup! I think that would pretty much sum it up! They make their needs known without words, stand tall and independent but are never too far from mama's leg. Just watching and wondering makes me want to cry! It's been so long since a little one has stood at my knee and raised her hands in the universal sign to be picked up.

I'm not sad particularly. Just tired I think. Dani wrote that she wants a week away. As I read each word of her post, I was thinking, yes....
Yes, that's what I want.
Yes, can I come with you?
Yes, how did you know?
Yes, I think one week away might just do the trick.

But life goes on. I've learned how to function with tears on my cheeks. If they drip into the soup, oh well, they just add a bit of flavor. I made peace with my tear ducts a long time ago. I have stopped trying to control them; they run over whenever they feel like it. Tears are a part of who I am.

However, tears or not, I must get up and moving.
Like the blogs I read today, I wish for you memories of times past, gratitude for today's blessings and excitement for what the future is sure to bring. All that and some rest, too!

Merry Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review