Feeling Blessed

Today I met another baby - Caroline.
I was interviewing for another nanny job.
I felt comfortable as soon as I walked in the door.
Mom talked some.
Dad talked some.
I talked some.
And when I held "Sweet Caroline" she talked some.
How could she talk, you might ask. She's only 3 months old.
I don't know exactly what she said, but I think she was letting me know that we are just right for each other.
noticed how wonderful it feels when a baby smiles at me.

___

I also noticed the difference in the "Care" facility Mary is in and the facility where another friend is recuperating from pneumonia.
No antiseptic smell.
Lots of light.
People looked me in the eye, and to a person - even the guy pushing a broom - they said hello, how are you with a big smile.
It looked to be family friendly.
Sadly, I can figure the difference is money. If you can afford more, you get more.
I understand that's the way the world works. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

What did you notice?
Merry ME


Comments

Anonymous said…
I noticed that the things that have value, are the things I liked the best. Like a hello, and a smile.
Constance said…
It sounds like Caroline would be a wonderful baby to nanny. i hope the family knows that they would be getting the best possible person in you, dear Merry.

Yes, money helps when it comes to care facilities. It is sad but true.

I noticed that out of a cloudy day of worries, good news can come in. Knowing/Believing that would make me have a smile on my face more often. I am choosing to have more faith today:)

((HUGS))

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review