Crayola Wisdom

"No word in the English language rhymes with the color names orange, silver or purple."
Crayola.com

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. I love Reddi Arts. It's more than an artist's paradise of canvas, paint and brushes. There's a little bit of heaven for everyone who walks in the door. You want books? Reddi Arts has them. Not your every day, run
of the mill, novels. Reddi Arts stocks books that speak to your spirit. The kind of book that cries out to you when you pick it up to scan the jacket, "take me home, you'll be glad you did." Reddi Arts is the place to go if you want a picture framed. Reddi Arts is a kaleidoscope of delight if you are a lover of anything that has to do with paper, pens, crayolas, paint, glue, ribbon, greeting cards, soap, stamps, and on and on.

I love Reddi Arts!

I think it's been a few months since I have been in the store. It's a dangerous spot for my pocketbook. But today I had to drop off a piece of material for the print department. It was a simple/in and out task. A half hour after my original reason for being there passed and I was still wandering through the aisles. A book in the baby section spoke to me. I flipped through it, savoring the quotes and poems. I scribbled a few on the only piece of paper I could find in my purse - a torn and tattered dinner receipt. Is that cheating, to write down something you like in a book, but not buy it? I'm pretty sure I'll go back and buy it someday. Today I was keeping my promise to Wendy not to use my credit card.

Just as I was putting the book back on the little stand where it belonged, I read one more quote. Something that made me pause and think, "I wish I'd said that." I googled it as soon as I got home. The receipt wasn't big enough to write the whole thing. Apparently this little gem is not new:

"Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon. A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb. And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one. It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air. Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas. And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight. Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in. With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest. And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with their imagination."

I wonder if Barak Obama might consider Robert Fulghum for a position on his cabinet. In my opinion this is the kind of change the world needs. Crayola bombs and Cotton Candy grenades.

Wishing you a colorful day,
Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review