I WANT ....

2/3/2009

"Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy
... anger .... tears ... laughter.
It's when you want to be together despite it all.
That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it"
Unknown*

For some reason known only to the universe Sweetie got upset today over a bottle of Gingerale. I didn't understand the question he asked, and he got mad because I didn't understand. I think. Maybe it was something else altogether. Maybe it was me. May it was him. Who knows?

Here's what I've learned. It's not so important why the Gingerale set him off. What's imortant is that we can exchange unpleasantries, take a time out, then have a conversation that consists of forgiveness and hugs.

This is how I know we're good together. We both value communication more than the "mad" silence that follows heated disagreements. I think we've both found great success in our ability to have a meeting of the minds without calling the other person a big fat butthead. This is a good thing!

I want to perfect my communication skills with others, i.e. my father. I don't know for sure but I think there are some trust issues that go along with it.

*http://thinkexist.com/quotes/with/keyword/want/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review