Parrrrr-Ty!


Dani posted recently about how excited she was about going on an artistic play date. I knew exactly how she felt because for two weeks I've been thinking about, with ever-growing anticipation, my writing group's end of the year party and celebration of one of our members book publication.

As the day of the party drew near, I began to prepare like I was going to Oprah Show! I bought a new outfit, with matching shoes. I had my toes done. I shaved my legs, plucked my chin. I revised my story, then revised it some more. This morning I was nervous as all get out. My stomach started churning so I guess the stress juices were working overtime. I worried that Dad would have a problem, or my cousin wouldn't get here in time, or .....

It all worked out better than I could have imagined. Sweetie got all dressed up in a suit to go to court on GAL business. He stayed dressed up for me! On the way to the party I realized I can't even remember the last time I've attended such an affair. I've hosted them, but not been a guest. I've hidden behind my apron for so long, I'd forgotten how it feels to just go with the flow.

Well let me tell you, it was quite a flow. 12 budding writers, their friends and families, good food, i.e. girly food with sprouts on top (where's the beef, asked my good looking Sweetie who was wearing a name tag that said he "belongs" to ME!) and genuine, feel good camaraderie.

Even though I'd read most of the stories, they'd been perfected to many a "T". And hearing them read out loud, by the person who birthed the idea and strung the words together was, shall I say "magnifique."

Pardon my French, but I'd like to point out that the name of our group, just recently voted on is "Le Chat Noir Writers Circle". We're named after the 19th century nightclub located in the bohemian section of Paris known as Montmartre. The cabaret was part music hall, part artist salon. That's where we come in! We're word-loving, beret-wearing arteests.



For all the whining I've done about the "work" of writing, I must say the celebration of writing is worth it. I'm really proud of all of us. I'm really proud of me.

Wishing for you successes and celebrations,
Merry ME

Comments

AkasaWolfSong said…
You look ravissante in your be'ret Joyeux Noel! :)

I am so happy you enjoyed your day and got all gussied up! How wonderful that your Sweetie supports you...that really warms my heart.

I loved the pictures...looks like everyone had a really perfect day!

Blessings Dear Heart!
Pamela Jones said…
You look so...French and so...artist. Congratulations on finding your dream and staying with it!

Celebrating with you!
I'm proud of you Ms. Merry Merry for being proud of you!!! YEAH!! And your hair is sooo shiney!! :o) xo

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review