Day 1: Part 2

"All shall be well. All manner of things shall be well."
St. Theresa of Avila



Two Gumbas on the Park 'n Ride bus

I'm not sure why it is but sitting in an airplane all day is pretty tiring. Well, we did have to hike a few miles from one concourse to another in the Charlotte airport, so I guess we did get some exercise. We got smart by the time we got to Houston - grabbed one of those carts that beep, beep down the crowded hallways. Not once, not twice, but three times. Sweetie's hip was beginning to tire and my foot giving me a fit. Yessiree, we're going to do just fine at the Oaks - if our assignments are along the lines of answering phones! I have to admit I've had a few what in the hell are we doing moments.

When we left home, a Nor'easter was brewing. The rain stopped long enough for us to get up into the air and above the weather. There were a few bumpy spots along the way but my stomach only flew into my throat once. Tulsa, from what I can tell, doesn't look too much different from home. Temperatures are expected to be in the 80's all week. So much for autumn! (Not much need for my bonesigh arts sweatshirt.)



Sweetie might disagree, but I think I've done pretty good on the letting go of control. I do admit, however, that every time he took out his homemade green envelope that housed all our pertinent travel documents I chuckled a little. For all his organization, it took both of us to figure out which boarding pass went with which leg of the trip.

Today I'm grateful for the trail mix I packed so we didn't have to purchase the $4.00 airline version. I'm grateful for golf carts and drivers that know their way around the airport. I'm grateful for GPS which, I have decided, is one of the century's greatest inventions, and I'm grateful for a big ole' bed to rest my travel weary body.

Stay tuned,
Merry ME

Comments

QnDani said…
Vaya con Dios...and this former peace corps volunteer can't wait to hear all about it and fondly remember (vicariously through you and Sweetie) all about it!!

XXOO
Anonymous said…
Keep on smiling - and writing. This morning, I was so in hopes there was a little message and maybe a picture. I got both! Have fun - and breath.
Love you, ld
terri st. cloud said…
ohhh nice sweatshirt! :)
this is so exciting!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review