Feeling Anxious

Today I noticed how anxious I get when I don't have a handle on what I'm going to read/say in public. I noticed when I'm anxious my first reaction is to buy something, then cry. Or maybe it's the other way around.

I've told this story (for my recital) a kazillion times, in a kazillion ways, wondering why it's not so problematic.  It's supposed to be funny (tho I don't recall the original happening funny).  Right now it's got some funny parts, mostly it's pitiful.

Where or where is my inner Erma Bombeck?

What do you do when you get anxious?
Merry ME

Comments

Anonymous said…
Anxiety for me, is always about fear.
So I usually find a quiet place and sit there and try and figure out what I am afraid of.
Then I try to find away to let go of that fear.
Figure out IF I have a reason to be afraid, or if it's just something else.
Does that even make sense?
My word captcha's are Obtuse Muse.. what do you suppose thats alluding to?

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review