Day 25

I feel like I got a lot done today but when Sweetie asked me what, I could only name one thing.

My day started with the thing all women look forward to - my annual exam. To my dismay my weight had not changed much but I've lost 2 inches. Now I understand why my back hurts all the time. Where would those 2 inches have gone, except to pile up on each other like an LA traffic jam at the base of my spine.

As I assumed the position my doctor says, "so this could be your last pap." I was caught a bit off guard. I certainly wasn't in a place where I could do a happy dance. But it does seem like this is a cause for celebration, doesn't it? Apparently the people who make the rules on this kind of thing have determined if you have a history of negative paps and no HPV, then you only need the test every 5 years and none after the age of 65.  I'm not sure what kind of party to have, but cake will definitely be on the menu.

The rest of the day was spent either in the kitchen or at the computer. It appears the only thing I have to show for the time spent, is a batch of Chex Mix which is a part of any Reynolds family get together and a few loads of laundry that still need to be folded. I'll bake a pie tomorrow morning before I go to work, and maybe set the table. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the turkey thaws in time.

So there you have it folks, another rip roaring day in the life of Merry ME.

Tonight, for the first time since it happened, I listened to news reports of the turmoil in Ferguson, Mo. It is ironic, isn't it, that the holiday set aside for gratitude comes on the heels of such fury. Perhaps, there's no irony at. Maybe we all need to dig down past broken hearts and spirits to find a place of thanksgiving for what we have. Maybe gratitude is where healing begins.

Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review