OPQRS - I've got some catching up to do! Part I

I doubt if anyone would believe me if I said the dog ate my calendar. Perhaps a few of my faithful readers would consider it a possibility that a certain black cat peed on my calendar, but that is stretching even the "power pee-er's" ability to soak reading material above his head. The calendar I use most often is on the back of the kitchen door - a good 5 feet out of his reach!

So, in all honesty, I have to admit the fairly obvious reason I've not posted lately is not because of some animal's lack of manners, but my own lack of ideas. I really believed writing about the alphabet was going to be easy. Then I hit the wall. Like Humpty Dumpty sitting on a wall (of letters, not of bricks) I fell off and am having trouble putting my "pieces" back together again!!!!

I think the problem started the night I was supposed to write something about the letter "O".

It so happened that this was the same night that Dad filled the commode with bright red blood and we "o"pted for the nearest - not the fastest - Emergency Room we could find.

Sparing you the gorier details, the only thing I could have written that night would have been:

O is for "OOOOOOOW"

As "o"ften happens in "o"vercrowded, non-soundproofed emergency rooms, everybody gets to hear everyone and everything else that is going on outside their own little curtained cubicle. I don't have any idea what the woman's problem was, but I can tell you that every time a person of the medical persuasion got within touching distance, she let out a scream of "I'm dying" proportions.

To say it was unnerving would be an understatement!

Stay tuned ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review