OPQRS - Part III

Q would have to be for feeling a little "queasy."

I believe I've mentioned before that when a person I love is being treated for a medical emergency where blood is a very real consequence, I sometimes get a little light headed. The lights get shimmery, the temperature in the room goes up by ten degrees, and the sterile curtained cubicle begins to slowly spin.

I don't know for sure, because I am usually asked to leave the room as the color begins to leave my face, but I suspect the way to prevent this from happening is either to put my head between my knees and count to 100 as I concentrate of breathing in and out, or, worst case scenario, actually concentrate on the procedure being done - stand outside myself and think of it as a science experiment. This is not easily done when the experiment is being performed on my dad's willy.

I chose instead, as I rubbed a sore spot onto his thin-skinned forearm, to focus all my attention on the screamer in the other room!

There's still more ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review