Apologies

"Devotees of grammatical studies
have not been distinguished for
any very remarkable felicities of expression."
Bronson Alcott

I just read over my last post and was appalled to see so many mistakes. My editor must have been out drinking green beer and looking for leprechauns with little teeny pots of gold.


Also, I have no idea how to make the spacer work on blogger. I try to separate paragraphs by a double space. Sometimes it works. Sometimes I get 4 spaces and sometimes I don't get any, which seems to have happened yesterday. I change it, then re-publish but it has a mind of its own.

Carol told the writing group the other day that editors can weed out submissions by just scanning it for grammatical errors. Which is kind of funny because we all decided that kids today don't get grammar rule drilled into their heads like in the good ol' days! I have a soft spot in my heart for grammar but obviously don't catch all my mistakes. Please forgive me and know that I'll correct when I catch them.


Merry ME

Comments

Sorrow said…
I resist the urge to Say " floggings!"
but I decided instead to see if the Teen could find your grammar errors..
guess what ???
not a one.
so your safe with the under 30 crowd..
LOL
and with me, your safe with the
spelling errors

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review