Connections

"We Are Connected
The Pond is the World
Your Heart is the Pebble"
I'm not sure why but I got up feeling kind of crabby this morning, just a little off. I almost bit Sweetie's head off when I discovered his idea of "brown and serve" sausage is different from mine. He looked at me kind of funny, then decided to let me over the sausage cooking. Usually, I'm a little more grateful for his being the one to step up to the stove and get breakfast going. I hate it when my crabbiness spills over on the people I love.

So I'm standing there waiting for the frozen links to cook and I read this headline: "Afghan president signs law to allow marital rape." I felt like I'd been punched in the gut. How is it that something that happens on the other side of the world from me has the power to make my stomach ache?

No, here's the real question. How is it that in the year of our Lord 2009, there is even one women left on this planet who is " bound to preen for her husband as and when he desires"? Shouldn't this kind of ruling have gone out with writing on cave walls?

And as if that isn't enough I read an online article about a Pakistani woman being flogged - flogged as in whipped a dozen or more times with her Burka pulled up exposing her pants. That punishment was for alleged misconduct with her father-in-law whom I'm guessing didn't get so much as his wrists slapped. Good God Almighty, what's wrong with people?

It may be just coincidence but I also went to a new website this morning. www.humanityhealing.net. It's all about global spiritual healing. How each of us are connected on a physical level tinier than atoms. I don't get the physics of it, but wonder if I am feeling icky today because of someone feeling beyond icky in another part of the world. Is it possible that as long as one woman is abused, one child starved, one man forced to work for another, one mother who cries for a dead child, one father who can't support his family, one more dolphin captured in a tuna net, and one more ice flow melted all living creatures are going to feel a mysterious pain in their gut?

Who knows, maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed.
Praying for a world at peace,
Merry ME

Comments

Sorrow said…
I am sending a hug
a big one
with a whole lot of love
wrapped in it.
Cause there are days i wake
and feel like the weight of all the foolish
childish
insanity
of the uniVerse
sits on top
my little head.
and it hurts.
((((((((LOVE)))))))))
And I am with you. Perhaps your feeling some of the pain (and I) lessens the intensity somewhere across the planet. Perhaps your awareness lightens the load for one across the planet somewhere. Our shared connections may be much more substantial than we ever dreamed possible.

You are a gift!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review