Strange Conversation - The End

For those who were interested, everything went off as planned yesterday. Made me wonder what all the fuss was about.

I went to writing group, Dad got breakfast, the nurse came 10 minutes after I got home. It was rather good timing if I do say so myself.

I do have to admit that halfway through my stinging writing critique the thought crossed my mind that I didn't need to leave the house for this! But don't get me wrong. The women in my group are really, really good writers, and way smarter than I am. That's the truth not a put down to me. What I had thrown together as a fluff piece was read much more seriously than I imagined. What I learned, and thats the whole point isn't it, is that writing isn't just about putting words together so they sound good. If it's not coming from my own experience, then I better have a well-defined point of view and do some research to back me up. Writing about a marketing boardroom is so far out of my league that the joke seemed obvious to me. Oh well, live and learn.

Hopefully next time Dad throws his hook out with a big fat juicy worm on it, I'll be so full of chocolate chip cookies that I won't even want the bait, let alone go after it.

Learning - slowly,
Merry ME

Comments

Sorrow said…
ahh but still learning!
Laughing
I love the quote "perspective, USE it or lose it"
I was interested, and thanks for sharing...
Fire Byrd said…
Obviously not been around for the reast of this, but..... love the idea that you are still learning, is there any other way to be?
xx

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review