Scavenger Hunt - A reflection

"Nature often holds up a mirror so we can see more clearly the ongoing processes of growth, renewal and transformation in our lives."

Almost every day I drive by this pond. Usually there is this big grey goose sitting on the bank, or floating serenely soaking up the afternoon sun.

The pond is along side of the much traveled road. In order to take a picture I have to drive past, park in a nearby parking lot then walk back. I knew this is where I'd find a reflection picture, I just didn't want to go to the trouble.

As I drove by yesterday, I saw a turtle. A BIG turtle. Well, not tortoise size, but bigger than the ones I've seen in my neighborhood. Big enough to spy as I drove by at 30 mph. He was taking a dirt bath! Flipping dirt up over his back and getting it everywhere but his back!

That was all I needed to finally take action. I went to the Post Office then headed back to the pond with my camera. I wasn't gone 10 minutes, but there was no turtle in sight. And the goose wasn't there either. Just me and these glorious clouds reflected in the scummy water. The trees are so clear I had to look twice to see if they were reflection or the real thing.

Not a bad picture if I do say so myself!

I think I am nearing the end of the scavenger hunt. I still need to capture a "Delicious beverage" and then I'll be done. I had the perfect opportunity last week, but Sweetie had my camera. I was at Paneras and this lady ordered something that looked cold and frothy and layered with fruit. It came with a straw and a big domed lid so not to smash the whipped cream. Yup, that would have been the perfect picture with which to culminate the scavenger hunt.

Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review