Furry Black Beasts

"The trouble with sharing one's bed with cats is
that they'd rather sleep on you than beside you."
Pam Brown

When Sweetie's cat, Caht, came to the end of his 9th life, I didn't think there would ever be room for another feline in our bed. But it appears that "Cry Baby" aka Her, aka Girl Cat, has persisted and in doing so has made herself Queen of her Universe. She follows Jack around from room to room, making herself comfortable wherever she deems appropriate. I've noticed if I go to bed after the two inseparables have already hunkered down I am given a feline evil eye if I try to take ownership of my pillow.

On the other hand, Scaredy Cat, aka Him, aka Boy Cat has taken a liking to me. He is still very


skittish but thinks I am, excuse the pun, the "cat's meow"! I don't know what standard of measurement he used, but he has determined that our special times together are most enjoyable when I sit on the toilet or floss my teeth. On these occasions he jumps into the bathtub and finds something with which to amuse himself until I'm through. He is also particularly fond of having 6am conversations. He meows in my ear, picks at my quilt until I put a hand out to scratch his head. I think I can say with some authority that he's been flung across the room enough times that the kneading and sucking on my flabby arms has come to an end. I may be his best friend, but I'm NOT his mother.

With not one, but two cats, in the house life is good.
Merry ME


P.S. Black Beauty still maintains the position of #1 Dog.

Comments

Fire Byrd said…
They do take over our lives are animal friends.
I missed trix whilst I was away, in a way that I didn't my son!!
xx

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review