Heaven's Song

"Music is God's gift to man,
the only art of Heaven given to earth,
the only art of earth we take to Heaven."
Walter Savage Landor


Sweetie and I went to a concert on Mother's Day. The African Children's Choir put on an amazing show. I've been thinking the Hispanic music that has infused our church services with a salsa beat and toe-tapping rhythm would be a good match for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. But it has nothing on this group of talented and enthusiastic children. As soon as they opened their mouths, I was taken to a place of wonder and reverence. Not to mention I couldn't keep my hands from clapping and my bootie from shaking. There's just something about a drum beat that gets me going! A drum beat, a lively song, and a group of angels singing it.

I don't know for sure, but I believe that this is what Heaven sounds like. Go here. And if you ever get the chance to hear this choir, you won't be disappointed.


Feeling blessed,
Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review