SQuire Rushnell defines a "God Wink" as a personal signal or message, directly from a higher power, usually, but not always in the form of a coincidence. *
I have to wonder if my life is being bombarded by coincidence, or is God acknowledging my desire to change a pattern of financial behavior, and thus winking excessively to get my attention? Some people believe that God is involved in every detail of our lives. Others believe that He/She gave us free will so whatever happens, happens and we have to live with the consequences while He/She sits back and watches the show. Some people say there are no coincidences. Others believe "Poop happens." Some people believe our destiny is determined by the stars.
My belief system is probably a mixture of all of the above. And sometimes, on top of everything else, life just has to slap me up against the head and say "pay attention!"
Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:
- After publishing my last post, I checked my email and found this:
Word of the Day for Monday, May 4, 2009
tyro \TY-roh\, noun:
A beginner in learning; a novice.
- Here's my horoscope for today: "Working with a partner, you can get cash. Pay off your debt and build up a bit of savings."
- Jon Katz wrote in his blog this morning: "... I believe in change. I want to learn and grow. I want to move slowly, thoughtfully, and savor my life."
- Another blogger wrote: There comes a day when we finally decide that we’re ready to let go of the parts of our past that aren’t in alignment with who we are today.
- And my friend Terri St. Cloud wrote a post today about breathing out negative energy and emotional black snakes. Terri says, and I have to agree, though I might have picked a different metaphor (unlike Terri, I'm not particularly enamored of snakes), we've all got snakes in our past and at some time we have to just say "so what" and leave them behind. When I read, "so I decided that I was gonna concentrate on the now and what I had now." I felt myself nodding and agreeing. It's how I felt after I decided I had to deal with my $$$ issues.
What do you think? Coincidence or maybe a few spiritual nudges to sit up and take notes? I choose to believe all signs are pointing me in a new direction. This is a good thing!
Hope you're tuned into your own coincidences,
*When God Winks, How the Power of Coincidence Guides your Life, SQuire Rushnell, Atria Books, New York, 2001