272 Years Collectively - But who's counting?

"The aim of Life is to Live,
and to Live means to be Aware,
joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely,
Aware.
Henry James


Dona Rosa turned 100 years old two weeks ago. She is a little tiny thing, but she walks with more zip in her step than I do at times. Isn't she beautiful. I've never known anyone who lived to be 100 so I consider myself blessed to know her. She never shies away from my camera. Her smile says it all. I hope when I'm 100 I'll be able to be as much of an example of the good things in life as Rosa.




This is a picture of my Dad and a friend at church who share the same birthday - Nina May as it is known in our family. Dad turned 92 and Leland isn't shy about saying she's blessed to be 80 years young.

I complain a lot about my Dad being a bit of a curmudgeon, but this picture shows that he has not lost his ability to smile at a pretty lady.

I've got enough aches and pains of my own to realize that the older one gets the harder it is to feel good. Bodies weren't made to last forever. What's in a person's heart, however, is passed on from generation to generation. When I look at my dad, I see my Grandmother's smile, hear her say my name. Life is a continuum. Life is a blessing.

Feeling grateful,
Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review