Three Cheers For Molly

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing.
It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
Anonymous


Back on July 7th I wrote a whiny kind of a post about not feeling as good as other bloggers because I don't have a sidebar full of awards to show off. I ended with this bit of self-indulgent wisdom twaddle: "My new motto: If you don't get an award, give one. I'm going to start thinking about my own award to give out. Probably I'll start with me!!!!!"

One of my friends from the blogosphere, Molly appeared just like a fairy godmother and offered to help me. That means she did all the work and I looked on in awe and wonder. All I really had to do was say "that's perfect!" which I did after her 2nd attempt. And it was only her second try because I changed my mind mid-stream!

I am honored and pleased and very grateful to unveil the

Merry ME You Rock! Award for Excellence

[Drum roll please!]


Is that cool or what?

The award was born out of a need to encourage a young girl of long ago. To let her know that, she was doing a great job of being her. She was worthy. She mattered. I didn't know how to tell her then, but I do now.

Now that I have an award to give, I have to admit I'm a bit stumped as to how to do it. Molly talked about a blog button but we all know I have no idea what that is. What I do know how, however, is how to cut and paste so that is going to have to be the preferred method of award distribution. If you should find one of these awards in your e-mailbox you have my permission to paste it on your blog or print it out to remind you of how cool you are.

I'm aware that if I can cut and paste so can just about anybody. I don't have a problem with that. I simply ask that you leave it intact and make no changes. If you know of someone who deserves a pat on the back or acknowledgement of a job well done, or just a few words of encouragement feel free to pass the award along. I have no illusions about the extent of my influence on the world, but I've got a strong belief in the ripple effect. If enough of us turn to our sister/brother and give a thumbs up instead of a different hand signal this world would be a much happier place. Let the change begin with ME!

Blessings and joy,

Merry ME

P.S. Molly, thanks again. I love, love, love it.

Comments

Tessa said…
Yes! Three cheers for Molly...and another very loud hip-hip-hip HOORAY for you, Merry Me! I'm so proud and so thrilled that you chose me as one of your awardees - and as I said before, I will 'wear' the YOU ROCK! award with great pride! Big hug and thank you again. xxoo

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review