Tickled Pink

"Being selected Most Improved was a special individual award
because when I speak to young people
I always try to tell them the importance about
it's not where you start but where you end up. "
Kevin Johnson, NBA player


I started out my last post by telling you of the award(s) I got from Fyrebird. Then, as is often the case, I got lost in some other thought and never mentioned the award again. Please don't think that means I'm not honored. In fact I'm quite puffed up!




Receiving an award for being "Kreativ" from a person whose creativity I admire is quite an honor. Thanks Byrd.

However, it also makes me a little nervous. My immediate thought (after Woohoo, they like me, they really like me!) was am I worthy? I am beginning to realize this nonsense is a broken record that gets played regardless of any success I might have. It doesn't mean as much to me as it once did, but before I can move on I have to beat myself up a little or tease me to keep me in my place.

Also it seems these awards come with a set of rules. Rules scare me. Always have. What if I screw up? I doubt there is blog security system in place to see that each and every award winner proceeds as instructed. In fact I've noticed some of awardees, who are most often free-thinking women, choose to throw caution to the wind and do what they please. By nature I am a not a rule breaker so I will do my best to do as I've been asked to do with this gift.

The Kreativ Blogger award rules are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
Thanks again Mandy.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
Done.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
Hmmm... I'm going to have to come back to this.
5 and 6. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
I don't know 7 bloggers. But here are some ladies that I think personify creativity. Reading their blogs and admiring their art is how I start my day.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Done.

I got this award and was feeling all happy. Then I checked my email and there was another message from Mandy. She "pinked" me!

Once pinked I am supposed to forward the email and roses to 10 ladies with kind, warm and loving hearts. Rules be damned, I seldom if ever forward emails like this. Besides most of the women I would send this bokay to know how I feel about them. If I could I'd send each and every one real live flowers that smell of sweet rosey perfume. If the pink color is a reminder of good breast health, then I encourage all of you ladies out there who read my blog to remember to do your breast exams. And if you want to make someone you know feel special, you can cut and paste this bokay and send it on it's way.

A storm is brewing and I want to post this before the electricity goes out. Ahh, the pleasures of living in Florida!

Feeling gratefully pink,

Merry ME

Comments

Sorrow said…
OH
You are so sweet!
and i just got done posting my "you Rock!"
and saying how great it was to be so loved!
(((HUGS)))
you are wondermous!!!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review