I've had some time to think about it but I'm still not sure I can come up with 7 things you might find interesting about me. My Sweetie says if you ask him he could come up with and endless number. To that I'd have to say the man is not only remarkable but a tad prejudiced.
1. It's pretty obvious that I like to write. Some days it's like there are all kinds of words swirling around in my head and I can't get them out fast enough. Other days there's nothing.
2. I've heard it said that the streets of heaven are paved with gold. I guess there's no way of knowing that until we get there. However, I am pretty sure that prime rib swimming in au jus is served on a regular basis. And for dessert there's bound to be something made of chocolate.
3. Up until this afternoon I was pretty sure my boy cat wanted to marry me. When he is sure that nothing in the room is going to move or make a noise he seeks me out, whispers sweet meows in my ear and marks me as his own. Except for his rakishly long claws which stick in me as a sign of his affection I've come to like his attentions. At dinner tonight Sweetie was proud to tell me he'd had 3 visits from this same fickle feline today. The beast is making progress overcoming his sever fear of humans. Perhaps we'll have a double wedding!
4. I once won a blue ribbon at the St. Mary's County Fair in Leonardtown, MD. for a needlepoint picture of a Native American war chief.
5. I love children's picture books. One of my favorite stories is Stone Soup. I first heard it read by Captain Kangaroo. I've found it is a fable that is told in many countries around the world.
6. One of my most traumatic life events was spending two weeks at Girl Scout camp. That experience sort of clouded my opinion of camping anywhere. That said, I think I could easily spend a few weeks hanging out in the woods. Give me a small cabin in the Smokey Mountains with running water, a fireplace (and a stockpile of cut logs) a microwave, a triple layer of quilts on a soft, comfy mattress and a stack of books to read and I think I could be happy for a good long while.
7. Documentaries have become my new favorite genre of movies.
And there you have it.