A Letter

Tomorrow is the last day of my workshop on grief.
It's been an interesting journey with few demands other than an openness to the idea that grief does end and each of us in the group will get through it. Some days it's been easier to see/feel that than others.

This week is different. We have a mandatory assignment. We're supposed to write a letter to our missing loved one. I've been dragging my feet. In fact blogging right now is all about avoidance. The house is quiet, I'm by myself with lots of space and time to write. The thing is I don't want to go there.
.
Partly Little Me has stomped her foot down and put her hands on her hips and is giving her uh-uh-not-going-to-do-it face. She doesn't like it when people tell her something is mandatory! You're not the boss of me she silently bristles, even though she knows and I know I'll do it. I just have to posture a little.

Now that I've given myself permission to dawdle just a few minutes longer, I'm going to sign off and at least try to write the letter. Really, what do you say to your dead father? I guess I'll find out.

If you don't mind me asking, when you read this will you stop for a few seconds and send some hugs and light in my direction. I don't like being alone and sometimes I'm afraid of the dark.

Thanks for listening,
Merry ME

Comments

terri st. cloud said…
sending you hugs and light......you aren't alone. and i'm thinking you'll have a lot to say.....
Molly said…
sending you fireflies and "laughter through tears is my favorite emotion" from Steel Magnolias...
Anonymous said…
I believe that you've been writing that letter in the deep recesses of your mind for many days, even weeks or months. Little hints have come out in some of your writings. The thoughts just need to find their way to the surface - the clarity and honesty and love will all feel good, I feel sure. ld
Fire Byrd said…
Writing letters not to be sent is the main focus of any work I do with myself or my clients. It hurts, it sucks, it's horrid, cleaning windows is an easy option or what about cleaning the oven. NO! don't prevaricate just do it. you'll be so pleased when you've done it. It's meant to make you cry and smile all at the same time. After all Grief is the price we pay for love.

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review