Day 90 - The Agony & Ecstacy of Writing

Today I was very aware of how writing can be both exhilerating and defeating at the same time.  I spent 2 painful days working on a story that was not turning out like I wanted it. I noticed how often I told myself, "I can't do this" or "I'm no writer." It helped to go back, just one day and see my published story in Sasee Magazine - proof that I can do it and I am a writer.

Probably the only thing worse than getting the bones of a story down, is the process of re-writing. Then again, it's kind of a mystery where it's going to end up.

Thanks to all of you who read Magic 8 Ball and left me comments here and on FB.  Every writer should have a cheering squad like I have.
Merry ME

P.S. Susan Buchanan. We've got to find Genie's Naval Academy story. The theme for the June issue of Sasee is "Belle of the Ball." The deadline is April 15th. I'm going to look through Dad's boxes again. Wouldn't that be cool to have it accepted?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review