The Yard

This afternoon as I was pulling out of the driveway to go to work, I noticed how pretty and green our front lawn looks. I still haven't gotten used to the lack of trees. My little maple tree needs some friends. Johnson's to the point in sidewalk making where he has to wait for a really big storm to see if the drain works before he adds one more piece of concrete. We need to do some landscaping, but at this stage of the game Sweetie and I haven't come an agreement on the final vision. He mentioned something about using hay instead of mulch. I said something along the lines of, HELL NO. Thus we're at a standstill. If we don't hurry up, it's going to be way too hot to play in the dirt.

Unless, of course, we were dogs. Suzi Q learned soon after we got her that a whole behind the hedge is one of the coolest spots around. When Maizey arrived on the scene, she said, "let's forget the hedge, and just dig right in the yard. Suzi thought about it for about a minute, then joined right in .... until she saw the camera.

Stick. Stick. Who's got the stick?


Hole? What hole?

 Every time I see these pictures, I notice how these crazy, poorly-trained, hole-diggin' dogs melt my heart.

May we all sleep peacefully tonight, especially people in Boston.
Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review