Now I lay me down to sleep.....


.....I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
if I should die before I wake, 
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

A child's prayer, and yet the summation of all prayers. Alzheimer's, the summation of all (mankind's) fears. We are counselled to fight the ravishes of Alzheimer's for as long as we can, yet to me doing so is wrong. Are we not challenged rather than called to battle? Seeing "living with Alzheimer's" certainly must be yet another challenge in life.

Confronting and overcoming challenges
is an exhilarating experience.
It does something to feed the soul and the mind.
It makes you more than you were before.
It strengthens the mental muscles and enables you
to become better prepared for the next challenge." 

--Jim Rohn


"Focus on what has helped you overcome challenges in the past, and find ways to use these strategies every day as you address challenges and stress."— Amit Sood, M.D.


The ultimate measure of a man is not
where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience
but where he stands at times of challenge." 
--Martin Luther King

For me, for Mary, for you; "may we all stand up to our challenges," facing them with dignity and humor as long as we are able. 

Sending you light and laughter. jdc

Comments

AkasaWolfSong said…
Jack, Dear Jack...

I stand with you in that ALZ is a challenge and not a battle. There's a lot of wisdom in that statement. "may we all stand up to our challenges." Indeed!!!
Now I send you light, laughter and Sisterly Divine Love!!!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review