Thoughts of a particular yet jumbled nature

We are caught up in the particulars of this living with a killer disease not the dynamics of living, of determining how to live out the rest of our lives together.

Am I being selfish to ask Mary to move to an unknown place? Aren't we already living an unknown regardless of where we are?

Whether we have eight months, or the average eight years from diagnosis to death, or many years beyond won't we have the support, the love from family & friends, from Spirit to sustain us?

Will we make errors in judgement so severe there is no hope of redemption?

Will we seek the easy way of convenience to live together or find peace & pleasure in what we have regardless of our situation?

Comments

Anonymous said…
>Am I being selfish to ask Mary to move to an unknown place? Aren't we already living an unknown regardless of where we are?

In my humble opinion, yes. In my caregiving experience, having the support of friends, family, and familiar medical care is essential. Isolating yourselves is choosing a very challenging path that, to me, means that my Mom may end up by herself caring for someone who is not the same person anymore. I can't imagine that as a person who loves her as much as you do, that you'd want her to ever feel isolated and alone.

There is something to the adage, 'it takes a village.' I do not want the two of you going this alone and having to create a new support system in the midst of this new challenge. I want my Mom to be surrounded by love and support and be able to do things on her own without fear or pressure.

w.

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review