Happy Birthday Dani

Today is Dani's (of Three Sister's Spirit) birthday.

I've been wondering what to say that hasn't been said before. When it comes to birthdays the flowery, Hallmark greetings often seem overused. Yet in reality, "Woohoo! It's Your Birthday" is a pretty good summation of the this sentiment: The world became a better, happier, prettier place the day you were born, so as we mark the anniversary of that day, we celebrate and give thanks for you.

Over at her blog, Terri gave Dani, and independent retailers everywhere, a pretty good shout out!

When I opened up my email this morning I was treated to a poetry reading that I decided would hit the mark for Dani's birthday. Here's what the note said (since it was forwarded to me, I don't know who the original sender was):
Dear Friends,
Greg's aunt Lilly is one of my favorite people. I knew I loved her the night we met after drinking vodka from water glasses on the front porch swing and later dancing barefoot on the lawn under the moonlight to her favorite Greek music.One of Lil's great gifts is her velvet voice. In the last few years she has been reading poetry to music and more recently reading her own poetry.
Lil is also suffering from a slowly debilitating neuropathy that has left her wheelchair bound, crippled and dependant. Often times she can't type or hold a telephone to talk. She can't travel anymore (her true love) so I haven't seen her in more than a year.
I hope you go to the daily motion site below and listen to her poem. She has incredible insight and great talent. Her reading starts about 45 seconds after the music starts.
Enjoy, my friends!

Here's the site. There's a lot of wisdom in the poem. And, in my opinion, there is a lot of wisdom in Dani. So there is a kind of synchronicity in the poem's message and my birthday wish for my purple loving, crown wearing friend.

Queen Dani, I hope you are blessed today with everything your heart desires. Enjoy being you. Know you are loved. Eat cake and drink coffee til it comes out your nose.

My wish for all of you is some time to look in the mirror and tell the person you see how great (s)he is. It doesn't have to be your birthday to celebrate you.
Merry ME

P.S. Lillie did not write the attached poem - just read it. I don't know who wrote it.

Comments

AkasaWolfSong said…
I'm celebrating not only Dani, Terri and all the others I've come to love to read here on Blogger but you as well Merri ME!

I love your big, warm heart and bright, bright, spirit!

Going to light a candle for you too! :) For all of us!

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review