Miss Merry MAC MAC MAC ....


Hello everybody,
I'm writing this on my brand new MacBook laptop computer. Within hours of reading about Dani's new Apple computer, my nephew and sister used a full-court press to convince me that a mac was the way to go. I dragged my feet and tried not to listen. I do not like change. I'm not good at learning new tricks. I didn't have the money. I just wanted my old not-so-faithful computer back so I could get back to life as I knew it three weeks ago.

But just like going to "look" at a store full of tiny puppies, I knew when I walked in the door I'd be leaving with one. Unlike holding and playing with a little ball of fluff and being kissed with puppy breath, I had to listen as my new friend Justin who looked barely old enough to know how to spell apple, much less be selling them, answered all the questions posed to him - not by me, but by the two Mac owners who were there for moral support.

I was assured all I'd have to do was take the machine out of the box, plug it in and sit back as it would virtually run itself. Alas, we spent a half hour looking for a plug adapter because there are no three pronged outlets in my father's old house. Then the set up guru realized we were looking at the extended cord and we really only need two prongs!

I pushed a button, and there was my fancy-schmancy tool bar at the bottom of the screen with cute little icons for all sorts of "aps" that I'll probably never know how to use. I typed in a user name and password, up came the Internet - uh, I think that would be Safari in ilingo. Alas the signal strength from the old router was not good enough and all attempts at checking email or blogging were met with disappointment. I put the computer back in the box and forgot about it.

Fast forward about 24 hours and here I sit in the Quality Inn not far from the VA hospital in Gainesville. Sweetie is to have a procedure done at 7am tomorrow morning. I could be wringing my hands with worry but instead I discovered the Internet works like a fine tuned race car. I didn't have to do anything but type in a password - no instruction manual needed for this little bit of technology.

I feel like I'm on the road back!

Sweetie has just laid down and looks like he is about to turn in for the night. It will be an early wake-up call. So I'm going to say good night.

Here's wishing for you people in your life who know you well enough to steer you in a direction you may not want to go ... and that you end up right where you want to be,
Merry ME

Comments

terri st. cloud said…
OH!!!!! i am clapping my hands and squealing! a macbook!!! wait til i tell the guys! they'll be drooling!!!
i have the very biggest smile a face can hold!! YOU DESERVE A MACBOOK!!!!
clapping! clapping! clapping!
and what a great diversion while you wait for mister sweetie today!!!
yayayyayayayayayayyay!
Constance said…
Congrats on your new computer, Merry ! I am proud of you for taking that leap - enjoy :)
Sorrow said…
OH!
Yipppeee!
forgive me for being slow in catching up. My kids have been off school all week. It's been a bit of Mayhem here, and I have been thinking about you so much!
Your going to love your mac! and if you need help! color me help FULL! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review