NabloPoMo - Day 4


"No one has ever become poor by giving."
Anne Frank

Yesterday the Florida Lottery was over $245, 000,000. Dang that's a lot of money.
Today, it was down to a paltry $20, 000,000 - which means someone woke up this morning a millionaire several times over.

I confess, I wish it was me. And on top of that I confess that there have been times when I sent up a prayer or two to the Divine Banker promising to use it wisely if He would just send one of his angels down with a satchel full of money with my name on it. Sometimes it's hard not to get Santa Claus and God mixed up. Maybe I need to refocus my prayers.

You may be thinking I should be happy with I have when so many have even less. And, believe me, I am - even if it doesn't sound like it so far. But the reasons I'd like to have the money might be different than what you think. Since I've never had more than three zeros after a number in my check-book, it's hard to say if I would know how to react to having millions. Here's the thing. I want to know what it would feel like to give that money away. Well, maybe not all of it. And for sure there would have to be financial advisers, men in suits wearing dark sunglasses with a valise stuffed with stacks of money handcuffed to their wrists walking next to me all the time, and accountants. I know I'm the least likely person to have a pile of money but I'd like to think I'd be good at distributing it.

With the "economy" the way it is many people who supposedly live in the land of plenty have nearly nothing. Others work their fingers to the bone but can't afford housing or medical care. Since I would only be perpetuating a welfare state by handing out money on the street corner, I'd probably go the route of behind-the-scenes, John Beresford Tipton of the 1950's TV show, The Millionaire. For sure I'd be a lot quieter than Ty Pennington shouting through a bullhorn to "move that bus." I want to have more so I can give more.

Like I said, my wants and my abilities where moola is concerned are far, far apart. I eke by because I'm my own worst money manager. I'm more into giving than holding on to. Which brings me to a blog lady that totally fascinates me. Cinderella11pm is what she calls herself.

If you go to her blog you'll find reviews of Luxury Travel sites, posts pertaining to Body, Brain Heart & Soul, and a few opinions she defines as "politically incorrect." I like how pretty her blog is. But what I really like is when I hop over there and she's giving something away. Giving, as in no strings attached ... you leave a comment about a question she has asked, she picks your name and you're a winner. How cool is that? Blog giveaways are not new. I just think Cinderella does it with real sense of goodness, generosity, and warm heartedness that befits a Princess.

One of my friends used to tell me I was the nosiest person she ever knew. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but if the glass slipper fits, perhaps I should wear it to the ball! I asked Cinderella how it is she can be so generous. I mean it's hard times for everyone, right? Well maybe not for Bill Gates and Oprah and mortgage company execs, but for the rest of us it's hard to make ends meet.

Here's her all-American answer: "I worked my butt off for what I have."

"Part of the wonderful thing about having abundance
is being willing and able to occasionally share it with my cyber friends."

As well as blog giveaways, she donates to local charities that protect animals, feed the homeless, and give scholarships to deserving kids. I love that.

Another reason I like to visit Cinderella's land of enchantment is because she seems to take great delight in experiencing luxury. Luxury with a capital "L". The closest I've ever gotten to luxury was staying in a hotel in Monte Carlo. It had wooden shutters that opened up and looked over the magnificent yacht harbor. Walking the streets of that country made me feel every bit of the country bumpkin I am. Cinderella talks about 5 diamond hotels and resorts like I talk about a getting a free breakfast at a Holiday Inn Express. She's not snooty about it. She knows what she likes, and tells it like it is. She is in the business of being good to herself as well as others.

Today I'm grateful for good examples. Bravo, Cinderella, Bravo.

Wishing for you a little extra at the end of the day and a willingness to share some of it.
Merry ME

P.S. While I've never won a Cinderella11pm giveaway, she is a regular commenter here at Random Thoughts for which I am always appreciative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review