Light Bulb Moment

I recently had what I thought was a really cool idea for a give-everybody-on-my-Christmas-list-the-same-present present. It was an especially good idea because I was going to get it done and in the mail before the first of December which meant I was going to have the whole month of December to do fun Christmasy things.

The idea was sort of a Little House on the Prairie kind of gift. Homemade and from the heart.
I was going to write something! How original!

But then I got side tracked by this blasted NaBloPoMo (do I ever spell it the same way twice?). On top of that, my idea was turning into a very expensive proposition which kind of defeated the whole thing.

So here's what I've decided to do. In an effort to keep my writing skills honed, I'm going to use my blog as a launching pad for my own personal Advent calendar. From December 1 - 25, I'm going to pick a word, a holiday word we're all familiar with, and see if I can write something about it. The giving part of the idea is that hopefully, in our stress-filled-gotta-get-it-done-before-Christmas world, I can find something to say about the word that will destress the holidays.

I'm not sure I can do it. But it's a creative idea don't you think?

Tonight, I've got to finish my final post for NaBloPoMo. I want it to be published by 12am. Ahhh, just the sound of the word "final" makes me smile. I think I've done it. I'm a winner even if I don't win a prize.

Feeling confident in my new found ability to make a commitment and not quit 2/3 of the way in to it.
Thanks for hanging with me,
Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review