Together Again


"Sisters share the scent and smells - the feel of a common childhood. "

Pam Brown




The planets have all aligned. Dad opened his checkbook. Tomorrow, for the first time in five years all five Reynolds sisters will be together. It will be a short visit. We'll do a lot of eating, take a lot of pictures, eat some more and tell a lot of the same stories that have been told for years.

I think it will be the first time since my mom died that we've all been together. That in itself will make it feel kind of weird. But as you can tell from some of my previous posts, my mother's ghost sits squarely in the center of the action.

Since I've been voted the "Kitchen Maven" I'll be wearing two hats. Part of me will be Middle Mary, daughter #3. Another part will be my mom personsa, trying really hard to do/make everything just like she would have done it. I'll be the daughter who wants to fuss at Dad for some of his curmudgeony ways, and I'll be the lady of the house who defers to the him.

I feel an identity crisis coming on. But I'm so looking forward to having some life in this old house. It will be loud. It will be chaotic. It will be frustrating and fun at the same time. Need I mention the amount of female energy that will fill the rooms?

Sound like fun? I'll keep you posted,

Merry ME


Comments

Anonymous said…
Fun! Can't wait to see the pics. :)w

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review