Oops!

I came to the computer to post something before the night got away from me. I didn't know the computer was still hooked up to my camera downloading pictures. Had I known this I might have been able to stop the roller coaster before it started.

Before I realized what was happening, the cable connecting the computer to the camera knocked the camera into my cup of tea. The cup fell to the floor, spilling tea across the floor. The computer hit my "funny" bone which sent a shiver down my arm, causing two of my fingers to be momentarily numb. That's when I discovered the cable still attached to the computer so I unhooked it. I yelled something unkind at my sweetie. Seems like even if he couldn't have helped he could have offered moral support - "Oh, darling, I'm so sorry you've hurt yourself. Here let me help you clean it up. You just sit there and get the blood moving in your fingers again. No really. I mean it, let me fix things for you. No, no - I'm not paying any attention to this wickedly British tv show." ....

I got down on my hands and knees to wipe up the spilled tea. And that's when I discovered the camera, business end down inside the cup that was mostly empty but not completely. If my arm wasn't tingling and if I wasn't feeling a little pissy, I might have thought it was funny. There was really no way to reproduce the whole scenario including the slam dunk camera in the tea cup.

Instead I started crying. I handed the dripping camera to one of my sisters. With the precision of a brain surgeon the battery and photo card were removed. They didn't look wet. The on/off switch worked which is a good sign. I guess, like me, we'll only know how it will work tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

I can't bear the thought that my dear little Canon Elf might have met a watery demise. I know there is a silver lining somewhere around the catastrophic gray cloud, I just can't think of it right now.

Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review