Goodbyes Suck

"Distance never separated two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad cuz I miss you I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss."

One down. One more to go. The hardest one. The one I always hate. Saying goodbye to my sister Linda. Not sure how it got to be so, but out of five there have to be a few different groupings. Linda and I, for whatever reasons, are what you might call two peas in a pod. We've also been called the "cuckoo pigeon sisters" which may or may not be an accurate assessment.

Before the sun comes up tomorrow, Linda will get on a plane and head back to the NW. Too many miles will separate us. Yeh, I know the separation is a just a land thing, that our hearts will stay united. Still, it's not like I can just get in the car and head for the hills and be at her house in time for dinner.



This post is going to have to be a two parter. I'm having trouble focussing. I hope it counts to publish this half and then come back tomorrow - if I can get my head out from under the covers - to finish.

ttfn
Not so merry, ME

Comments

Anonymous said…
The cuckoo pigeon sisters are adorable! Big hugs to you, Mamacita -- I know how lame it is to say goodbye to Dada.

~w

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review