Why is it that ....
- When people get on an elevator they look up at the floor marker rather than the people? I doubt if anyone in a crowded elevator could pick out a person in a police lineup even if they were standing right next to the guy (or gal as the case may be)?
- When I pick a line in the grocery store that looks like it's moving smoothly, it always comes to a complete standstill?
- My car still smells like sour milk after four months of airing out?
- Some old people enjoy being old and others don't?
- You wait for a while at a doctor's office doing nothing. But as soon as you pick up a magazine and start to read an interesting article your name is called?
- That Santa wears a red suit instead of something more readily visible like neon yellow?
- When I get a canned operator on the telephone I have one of two reactions. Either I talk to the person I know is not a real person who is prompting me to say, "yes" or "I didn't get that, please try again" with my inside voice like she is a long lost friend. Or I scream at her like she is a complete bimbo for not getting my information correct.
- [And since I'm on the subject] the computer person can repeat back your information?
- Two big fat mean women thought it was okay to torture and starve a seven year old boy. Where do grownups get off thinking they can beat up little kids?
- Somedays I have trouble remembering why I walked from one end of the house to the other but when my kids have another birthday I remember everything that happend on the day they were born ... over thirty years ago.