Countdown to Christmas - Baking

“Marge, it's 3 AM. Shouldn't you be baking?"
Homer Simpson



I started baking this morning almost as soon as my feet hit the ground. I've rolled, cut, iced, sprinkled, until I can't see straight. I've still got Gingerbread men to frost. The thing that worries me is I only made one batch of each kind of cookie. In years past I would have had much more to show for a day's work. Obviously I'm slowing down! Oh well, as Scarlett O'Hara believes, there's always tomorrow!

While the cookies are baked, they are not neatly plated. Nor is the kitchen put back into any kind of order. I still have work to do.

However, if you want to see a prize-winning array of beautiful Christmas baking, hop on over to my friend Sorrow's blog and look at hers. I almost swooned when I saw it.

Wishing you a cup of tea to drink with a big ol' sugar cookie covered in multi-colored sprinkles,
Merry ME

Comments

Molly said…
My hat is off to you and Sorrow. So far, the baking spirit has not moved me.
Sorrow said…
My broken toes and i salute you...
Ho Ho HO
You know I forgot the gingerbread men this year..
sigh
~BUG hugs~
Fire Byrd said…
Would it be ok if I drank coffee with my cookie? Oh, and had cake instead of a cookie? Not that I'm being fussy you understand!
xx

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review