Robert is Coming! Robert is Coming!

Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.
Laura Ingalls Wilder

In one of my past lives - about 10 years ago - I was a nanny. I took care of a child from the time he was a month old til he was 5. If my mom hadn't needed more of my attention I would have stuck with the job probably a lot longer than he would have needed or wanted! I doubt he would have wanted his nanny tagging along with him to middle school!

The family moved away and I havent seen them for a couple of years. I'm told Robert now stands taller than his mother - around 5'7"! Today, as a special holiday treat, the whole Belcher gang is coming to Florida. It is a rainy, icky day. But I'm all warm and fuzzy inside. I can't wait to get my hands on that child and wrap him in a Nanny bear hug. The kind that he'll hate and complaing about!!

I have no idea how to talk to a 13 year old. He's never been much of a talker. He's into video games of which I don't even know a name. Unless retro games like PacMan and Donkey Kongare fashionable again I'm going to have to wing it! I suspect he'll sit on the couch, not speaking while his mom and dad and I catch up. He'll be bored to tears and eventually get antsy. That's when we'll go out to eat at one of our favorite restuarants.

I hope to have some pictures to share later.

Wishing for you good memories of favorite people and good eats,
Merry ME

Comments

Fire Byrd said…
your excitment is infectious,and all you've got to do is hug a 13yr old.... oh my, you do give yourself some tough chores in life!!!
Happy times
xx

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review