Countdown to Christmas - Dreams

"The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads."
'Twas the Night before Christmas



When was the last time you laid awake, straining to hear the sound of jingle bells and reindeer hooves on the roof? The last time I had visions of sugar plums (what exactly is a sugar plum?) dancing in my head,I think it was a nightmare about getting locked in a Christmas cookie factory where an evil elf kept speeding up the conveyor belt that passed in front of me, a la Lucy and Ethel. Maybe that's not exactly true but I can say that there have been times when my Christmas baking has taken on factory proportions and I have resembled an Evil Elf covered in sugar and flour.

It's been way too many years since I was a kid trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve, but I can remember the excitement, the wishes, the knowledge that the one thing I really wanted was going to be sitting under the tree the next morning. I don't think I ever had any doubt at all. I believed and I do not remember being disappointed.

Now that I'm grown up I have grown up dreams ... an end to poverty, goodwill to men/women, and a world at peace. What would it be like to wake up on Christmas morning to the sound of church bells ringing and all the news shows cancelled because there was nothing bad to report?

Speaking of dreams here's a quote I found over on one of Sweetie's blogs:

"The happiness that moves you to follow your dream,
is pale in comparison to your joy when that dreams comes true."
cjc
Hmmm, maybe tonight I will try to dream about dreams.
Tonight I wish that all your dreams come true,
Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review