In My Book, Honessty is the Best Policy

"A half-truth is a whole lie."
Yiddish proverb


I told a lie.

Well, actually someone else told a little white-ish untruth. Then I went along with it. Then, in an effort to keep it going, I embellished it.

My stomach started hurting. I couldn't look the lie-ee in the eye. I felt icky inside.

In the end, I think the truth came out, but I can't be sure. I wasn't there. Funny, I was around for the lie, but not the truth.

I don't like to veer off the path of truth. This was a good reminder.

Feeling contrite,
Merry ME

Comments

Fire Byrd said…
I used to try and lie when I was a teenager and would always get caught out. So truth however difficult is it!
Tom Bailey said…
Lying about surprise birthday parties is ok right?

Kindest regards,
Tom

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review