Day 83 - We Have a Butterfly!

This afternoon around 5pm.
Johnson and I were looking at the pupas today. One of them was turning black.
J: It's gonna be soon.
ME: Look, you can see the wings.

Later, around 7pm.
I opened the door to let Suzi out.
I looked, expecting to see the black pupa.
OMG!
 I noticed a butterfly!

ME: Johnson! Come quick! We have a baby!
Seriously, I don't think the ladies at the empty tomb of Jesus made as much noise as I did.
OMG!
It is so beautiful.
And if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed this butterfly came out of the the pupa I've been watching for a month.

See the dark pupa hanging on the wall? It's only a couple days behind.


I don't want to sound like some kind religious fanatic, but you know what, I'm feeling pretty drawn to the awesomeness of God right now. I narrated the Passion Story in church today. Didn't get much past the crown of thorns before I choked up. It's a story I've heard over and over, yet it's always - always - too powerful for words. Then to come home and find a butterfly felt like a being far greater than me tapped my shoulder and said,
Look, my sweet girl. 
Look at what I can do. 
As you continue to notice things,
you will continue to see my handiwork in places you can't imagine.  
I'm in the breeze that blew today. 
The rain that fell. 
The palms and flowers. 
When you held Phil's hand, you held mine. 
When you listened to Mary's stories, you honored to me.  
This life can be hard. 
Do not be afraid. 
For every dark place there is butterfly waiting to be born. 

 Feeling like Easter came a week early,
Merry ME

Comments

Molly said…
BEAUTIFUL!

And I NOTICED that the local photography school has a fieldtrip to the sunflower farm that you introduced me to last year.
Constance said…
THAT IS AMAZING!!! Nature rocks! Butterfly beauty:)

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review