Gratitude - Day 21

"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life
actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate
and value into your life."
Christiane Northrup
Tickets - $13.25
Drinks & Popcorn - $18.50
Spending time with my Sweetie enjoying a great movie - Priceless
Today I'm grateful for Netflix and On Demand.
I'd forgotten how expensive it can be to go to a movie. It's been a long time since we've been to an actual theater to see a movie. It's been a long time since we've seen a movie as soon as it hits the streets, not months later when the DVD is available. Usually Sweetie and I spend our time away from the house at Walmart or Publix, killing several birds with one stone, i.e. running errands, re-stocking the larder, getting the car washed, going to the library and spending time together pushing a shopping cart. Because I really wanted to see The Blind Side - the new Sandra Bullock movie - we threw caution to the wind and opted for entertainment rather than chores.
In my book it was a very good decision. It was fun sitting in the darkened theater stuffing buttered popcorn in my mouth. I don't know what it is about that stuff that is so much better than Orville Reddenbacher's but it is addicting. Perhaps it was the artery clogging oily butter substitute that kept my hand digging into the bag like a dog in a litter box.
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. In my opinion Bullock was at her finest ... pretty, funny, strong, courageous. I found myself wishing I was as gutsy as the woman she portrayed. I'm not sure how Tim McGraw got the part of the dad, but it was good to see him without his hat. Each of the actors was believable. Because I'd seen a trailer and new it was going to have a happy ending, I was able to relax into my seat. Still, I cried some out of both joy and sadness.
I especially liked seeing Kathy Bates. Her part wasn't all that big, yet they had some close ups of her face. She is not a beauty by Hollywood ingenue standards, and is older than a lot of actresses. But she is so comfortable in her aging womanhood. I decided I'd really like to be like that.
So now, we're home and it is time to get back to work. I need to make some dinner to soak up that pool of grease rumbling in my stomach.
Wishing for you time away from your regular routine with someone you really like,
Merry ME

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review